I lost 10 lbs in two weeks just by counting calories again.

I've lost about 60 or 70 lbs since the beginning of my journey (officially, March 2017), and I've been stuck at the same plateau weight for a few months now.

I recently started going to the gym, I've noticed my body getting firmer and smaller but the weight on the scale wouldn't budge. I wasn't counting calories, just trying to eat decently (watching portion size, eating more vegetables and protein than I used to, drinking water or diet soda instead of caloric drinks... the usual deal).

I was getting bummed that I apparently wasn't losing any weight, so I figured it was time I started counting again. I did a trial week where I was only logging and not actually trying to stay under the daily limit, just to get into the habit. No wonder I wasn't losing! I was eating exactly at manteinance.

So, after the first week, I got serious. I set my profile on MFP as sedentary (office job), set it to lose 1lb per week, and didn't eat back exercise calories (I recently ditched my Fitbit so I'd have no mean to measure them anyway). And dang it, instead of losing 2 lbs in two weeks, looks like I lost 10!

I even had a "bad day" this week when I ate 500 calories more than I should (bumped into some old friends and that called for wine and beer and calzones), but since I usually leave 50/100 calories at the end of the day "just in case", I still managed to hit the weekly goal with 11 calories left. Super proud of myself!

I know part of these 10 lbs may be water weight, hormones, and whatever, but it definitely gave me a boost in confidence! I hit my first goal weight of 300 lbs around last Christmas and it looks like I'm set to hit my next one of 260 soon. I'm going to work hard to hit the third one, 220, before the end of the year!

If anybody else needs this reminder, CICO only works if you're actually counting. Use MyFitnessPal, use pen and paper, but do it!

And finally, thank you r/loseit for being the wholesome subreddit you are, although I mostly lurk around here I always read your amazing stories and you guys truly are inspiring :)

submitted by /u/rottingdev
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2wThvZa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...