How to approach my dad about binge (emotional) eating?

My dad weighs 310 pounds. He has been trying something called the "simple diet" for a very long time because doesn't want to cook all of his meals or count his calories. He half way sticks to eat for a week and then just binges on the weekend or longer. Today was the worst binge I have ever witnessed. This morning my dad went to cracker barrel with my Aunt for breakfast (said he had hash browns), I'm sure it was was more than just that though. Then he came home with a can of salt and vinegar pringles, oreos (not the small pack), and a box of vanilla life cereal. He has eaten all of this plus a lean cuisine and a giant helping of sweet potato casserole in the course of about 10 hours. Me and my mom don't know how to approach him on the matter. Every time we have tried to make suggestions, he gets angry. He has a class reunion tomorrow and I'm wondering if he is extremely nervous about going. Do I just wait until something bad happens and let him figure it out himself? How do you talk to someone in this state? I'm very concerned. All of that sugar and carbs can not be safe for anybody at once!

submitted by /u/Morgs1125
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OXGzWZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...