Hit my 1st Goal Weight!

So this is my first ever progress post, but I've been so excited to hit my (first) goal weight, I wanted to do something. 😃 Apologies in advance if I screw up the image attachment... I've never done this before. 😳

https://imgur.com/itw2IsL.jpg

It's hard for me to see a big difference in pictures, but I can definitely tell my clothes fit better (and I went down a size in slacks), and even when I just look in the mirror, I can tell there's less jiggle.

I've been on this journey (this time around) since about March. Lost about 10 pounds, had a bit of a burn out and gained a few back, and then got restarted again at the beginning of August. In August I decided to do the South Beach diet program (does anyone even so that anymore??) as I had the most weight loss success when I did the program years ago with my mom/sister. After finishing the first two weeks of "cut out ALL the carbs!!) I decided I liked no/low carb so much that I would keep it going.

So....I kind of transitioned into a slightly lazy keto lifestyle. I don't stress the occasional quinoa I might add to a kale salad, or having a serving of a homemade whole wheat pizza every couple weeks, and I don't keep track of ketosis, but I've cut out breads/pastas/added sugars/etc for the most part.

Guys - I don't think I've ever felt this...in control...with my eating. Every time I've tried to "diet" or just "eat healthy" in the past, it's been such a struggle. I'd think about food all.the. time. It's such a weird and amazing feeling to finally feel like a slightly normal human being with normal hunger cues and the ability to stop when I'm full.

So anyway... That's been my book of a journey so far. I also work out at the gym 4-6 times a week, but the food piece was always my downfall. "You can't outrun a bad diet" as they say. Although I've noticed that when I eat better, I'm more motivated and likely to be consistent at the gym, so I probably have been working out a bit more consistently this month as well.

submitted by /u/singing13
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2otAyWn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...