Hello everyone, I guess I will start off by saying that I am a petite woman (5'2") and currently weigh 141 pounds. Over the past 4 weeks I have been doing CICO in order to lose weight. My first major goal will be to be in the healthy weight range for my height (134 pounds), and my tentative final goal is going to be 124 pounds.
So far, I have been feeling really good about my process and I am really sticking to it. I feel like if I continue how I've been (and adjust when necessary) that I will reach my goals. I have been eating about 1300-1400 calories per day, but burning anywhere from 300-500 per day - leaving my net usually at about 900-1000 per day. Thing is, yesterday I downloaded this app to help me keep track of things and it basically said getting less than 1200 calories per day is not healthy. This, of course, led me to more reading with many sources agreeing with this (I actually read years ago that number was 850, I guess that's changed?). Thing is, I'm a little skeptical, for a few reasons I guess. I don't see how they can have a magic number for all women to be above when women's sizes vary so much. Maybe for a 5'7" woman, 1200 would have to be the absolute lowest, but I'm wondering if 800-1000 is so bad for a woman at 5'2". I'm also not quite sure if they mean to eat 1200 or 1200 net? If I were to change my habits to 1200 calories per day, I wouldn't even be losing 1 pound a week. Do I just have to accept my weight loss will be much slower, or is this recommendation of 1200 flawed? I personally have been feeling fine and healthy, but I also don't want to ruin my body.
Thanks, I appreciate any input!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2oVUwcH
No comments:
Post a Comment