I switched to Lifesum after one of the YouTubers I follow mentioned she uses it. I had been bored with MFP for a while. It's not very visually appealing and was a pretty crowded app to use.
So I started using Lifesum and while the selection of foods isn't as good from the barcode scanner it is so much easier to add food, add calories, make recipes etc.
It also allows you to categorize your food into breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Which for me has been a game changer.
I've been tracking my food for a while now, and when I was using mfp I was consistently running out of calories before the end of the day. Same with Lifesum. Except the other day I took a look at the total calories I got from snacks. I had eaten 600 frikkin calories from tiny bags of candy that are right next to my desk in the training room I'm in for work. 600!
I could be eating so much more delicious lunches. It's showed me that I need to make my lunches more satisfying. Trying to make it as low calorie as possible leads me into the mindset that I have room for all these sugary snacks, and 'oh it won't hurt I have so many calories left'.
Well it does hurt. And I'm only playing myself. So today when I look at the basket of candy about 3 feet to my left? All I think is 600 calories! Stop mindlessly snacking!
Shoutout to Life Sum for making me aware of my bad habits so I can make a change!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MfGprK
No comments:
Post a Comment