Finally making progress NSV

I battled with my weight for a very long time. Honestly all my adult life I've been over weight while my teenage years I was pretty much the entire time under weight. I had been obsessively checking the scale again and I found it so frustrating that it hardly moved at all. I almost threw in the towel for going to the gym again.

I was speaking to my PT and I was complaining about my weight. But while the scale hasn't moved, my measurements have.

My waist has gone done by 5 cm without flexing & 10 cm from my earliest full flex up to now. My hips and chest have also shrunk down about 3 cm each. My arms have firmed up and my calves don't have the beginning of cellulite anymore. I can lift groceries again & actually ride my bike.

And she reminded me that scale in the grand scheme of 'losing weight' is the least accurate way to measure. It doesn't distinguish between fat, muscle or water weight. Even when it says that it does 90% of the time. Honestly it wasn't until she said it rather crudely that I actually listened to the words instead of parrot them.

The moment I got home I put my scale out of easy reach and actually took down my - kg since for me it was kind of doing the opposite of its intended use. Maybe further along the road I will be able to find happiness in the weight side of weight loss but for now I'm just focusing on my weekly measurements and overall health gains.

This for me feels like a huge victory since I always tend to quit before the scale catching up with the loss. On to the next 5 cm!

submitted by /u/stormagedon_j
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2wVonW8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...