Can your metabolism change suddenly

I’m a 44 year old female and I’ve been overweight my whole life. It has always been a very hard struggle to lose weight and keep it off. I’ve been on every diet there is at some point in my life. Plus I’ve gone to the gym endlessly and worked my butt off, for very little results. Or results that never lasted long because I just couldn’t keep up the regimen or the dietary restrictions. I had very little willpower. But about 9 months ago I stopped taking an antidepressant that I had been on for a couple of years. One of the side effects was weight gain. I didn’t keep good track of my weight during that time but I probably did gain some but I was already quite big so I don’t know exactly. But since I stopped it I lost 81 pounds without any sort of real effort on my part at all.

This is not the first time in my life that I’ve been on medication like this and I’ve stopped it in the past too and nothing like this ever happened. I’ve been to a doctor and have been told it’s probably due to my medication stopping that I lost the weight, because I’m perfectly healthy. And I’ve never felt better. But I still don’t really understand how I lost all this weight effortlessly. Not when I’ve struggled so hard my whole life to even lose 10 pounds.

I do eat less, granted, but I still eat everything I like and always ate. I’m not dieting whatsoever. And yet I keep losing slowly but steadily. Is it possible that my sluggish metabolism has amped up for some reason? I know I don’t have any sort of thyroid problem or anything like that, but can it just suddenly get faster at this age? I was always told the older you got, the harder it was to lose weight. But for me it’s the opposite. Is this possible or does anyone have an idea why the sudden change in the way my body is now?

submitted by /u/shoshanna33
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NKmAOe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...