Helping partner to lose weight

So my boyfriend (who needs to lose about 30-40kg) has started to get motivated to lose weight and get fit after seeing my results so far (still got 25kg to go myself!). But he doesn’t believe he has the willpower and because he works about 12 hours a day (with some weekends off) he doesn’t have much time to meal prep or work out, and often eats out when he’s working. Since I’m not quite as busy and have started cooking, I really want to help him, even just to improve his diet for now, but I find it difficult to adjust a meal plan for him. I’m eating 1500 calories a day, and he needs about 2500 for weight loss. I’ve tried adapting my meal plan and doubling food but it doesn’t really work and I’m struggling to work out how much - and what - he needs to eat to make sure he’s full and won’t reach for the snacks. He says he never feels full so it makes it hard. I also find it very hard to even think of eating that much food when I’ve written it down so it makes it difficult to know if it’s really enough or too much. He is not fussy and is willing to try everything.

Any suggestions on how I should be thinking about his food? Particularly if I need to send him to work with a lunchbox that’ll keep him going for 12 hours...

submitted by /u/mightysparks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2o8fBjL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...