[F 5'8 89kg] want to get a bit more serious about losing weight in a healthy way

I'm posting this here because I've been thinking about starting my weightloss journey when I get back from holiday next Friday and by writing it down here I will hold myself accountable a little more. This is going to be a lot of rambling! I assume no one will really want to read the whole thing, so I'll put a TL;DR at the end.

I'm currently in France where the food is great so I'm definitely not starting properly until after the holiday, but I'm traveling with my vegan cousin so I've been eating alright anyways.

I haven't gained or lost much in the past couple of years. I'm 20 now and I think I first reached my highest weight (91kg) in 2016, and have been pretty steadily hovering just below that since then. I made an attempt to get healthier in December, got down to 85kg but in the end I gained it back over Christmas.

I had an unhealthy relationship with food and weight for the entirety of my teenage years, although it got a bit better after 18. I haven't starved myself to loose weight since coming to University, but I still have a habit of making myself throw up after I've overeaten. It doesn't happen more than once a month or so so it isn't super detrimental to my health but it still doesn't exactly foster a healthy relationship with eating and my body. I want to stop overeating so I stop feeling the need to do that.

My ultimate goal weight would be 65kg, but the plan is to get to 75kg for now because I know I will beat myself up and give up if I set goals that seem too unattainable. I have been using MFP on and off since I was 16, and I've downloaded it again. I'm joining a different gym from my old one with a friend from work so we can motivate each other to go. The gym is about five minutes from where I work, so I will try to go before or after my shifts to make it part of a routine.

My main issue will likely be discipline and wanting to still eat with my boyfriend. We both went vegetarian at the same time (I used to be but then wasn't for a year, but recently decided to go back to it because I feel better with it) so he will be open to eating whatever I cook for myself, but we both like eating out at least once a week and that isn't really something I want to lose because payday dinner is a cute tradition we have (we work in the same place and get paid weekly). The plan is to let him know I'm doing this and just cut down eating out to once a week (for the payday date). If I know we are going out for dinner I can reduce how much I eat for breakfast and lunch to make more room, and maybe do it as a bit of a cheat day.

Anyways, I'll be updating if there is any progress. It was really helpful to write it all down here! Sorry for essentially using this sub as my personal blog for a hot second.

TL;DR: I'm overweight and don't want to be anymore. My goal weight for now is 75kg but ultimately 65kg. I want to start going to the gym regularly and develop a healthier relationship with food. I'll have to get my boyfriend somewhat on board so we can go out for dinner less.

Wish me luck!

submitted by /u/biflamingo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BFFi4z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...