I was reminiscing today with a friend of mine who started her weight loss journey around the same time as myself (Aug 2017). We like to send each other old pictures of each other to as a reminder that things are much better than they were a year ago regardless if we’re at a stall or had a bad weekend.
But we realized we hadn’t just lost weight but we’ve lost some baggage. No longer do I wake up and hate every part of myself visible in the mirror. No longer do I war with myself, switching between attempting to love myself and berating myself into eating “one more slice of pizza cause you’re already fat anyways”.
I’m not perfect and not even at my goal yet but there is an emotional weight that has been lifted off of me, in addition to the ACTUAL weight that’s been lost. The longer you stick to this the better you feel, and it’s addicting to start loving yourself. It’s addicting to meet goals and know you’re making good decisions. And yeah, sugar is addicting too, but it only feels good for a little bit. My pride in myself and the happiness I feel when looking in a mirror is a thousand times better than how I feel when I binge eat some carbs. I am lighter in more ways than one now!
I’m not sure really where I’m going with this but it was an interesting realization that made me feel that much happier that I started taking my health seriously a year ago. I hope this helps someone who is struggling or frustrated. There are definitely times where it’s not all sunshine and rainbows, but in the long run it’s sooooo worth the effort and you will thank and love yourself because of it.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2vzuzmI
No comments:
Post a Comment