So at the beginning of last summer I weighed 220 lbs at 5'10". I was losing my grip on the climb upward, I was 180 lbs about 5 years ago. I left for a summer in Germany on May 10, 2017, and over 4 months there lost 20 lbs! It was very surprising because I also drank a lot of beer, but, walking A LOT is what did it for me. I walked 4 miles a day and 10 miles every Saturday.
Since I got back to the States it's been hard to get motivated or find a reason to just walk. Between August 2017 and May 2018 I had regained 10 lbs to put me at 210 lbs. My fiance and I decided to try Keto. We are not fans of "dad" diets and are very cautious about how we are going about it, constantly monitoring blood pressure and ensuring we get enough vitamins. From May 2018 to today (August 2018) I've lost another 15 lbs to put me at 195 lbs! This is the first time in nearly 5 years that I actually feel good in my body. Here is a before and after from the keto diet stage: https://imgur.com/gallery/d8xDs1l
My plan from here on forward is to begin working out more and weaning off of Keto. This diet is not something I want to do for a long term and is not very sustainable. The best thing it taught me was how to have will power to say no to things I shouldn't have, like eating out and snacking. It has also made me more aware of my body, specifically my blood pressure. I started at 140/85 and have brought it down to 130/70. I still have work to do but seeing my health improve even a little bit is a win for me.
I apologize if the formatting is terrible, I'm on mobile and don't know how this will turn out.
Edit: fad diet autocorrect to dad diet but I'll allow it.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2vZSThh
No comments:
Post a Comment