I’ve always been overweight, hell I weigh as much as an adult black bear so I’m an expert at it. I’m closing in on my 41st birthday and can just never stick to a new way of eating, but I think I might have figured out a major reason. I’m scared of the unknown.
In the last couple years I’ve made myself go past some of my comfort zones. I’ve switched jobs to prove I’m capable, tried CrossFit and powerlifting, and have started making new friends and learning I have value as person and people don’t just talk to me because they need something from me. I think my confidence is as high as its ever been.
Yet for all the ways I’ve grown, I’ve very recently realized that I’m scared of life after losing weight. It’s feels like sky diving and having to build a parachute as I go.
I can tell you all the benefits of being smaller. Routine is better than motivation. I know every diet. I know what to do .
Yet sub-consciously I’ve always had this safety blanket of being “the fat guy” that was my excuse never to try and if I did try, it was why I failed. This includes avoiding from outdoor activity, team sports, and approaching any woman I find attractive and want to be more than friends.
Please tell me I’m not the only one, and I’m looking for suggestions on how I can fight through this.
Any tips, regardless how small, are welcomed.
Thanks
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Luuwhk
No comments:
Post a Comment