My weight struggles. How do I get better?

This is an extremely difficult post to write because I’ve recently faced some very difficult facts about my weight. I have always had a weight problem. My parents ate out every meal. My parents never really cooked food, apart from heating up leftovers and frozen meals. Neither of my parents were fat because they exercised a lot. I did not inherit the exercise behavior and I essentially always make bad food choices. When I started college at 18 years old, I was 5’9” and 208 lbs. I fluctuated a bit in my weight during college and thereafter due to yo-yo dieting. Today I am 30 years old and weight 240 lbs. I measured my waist at the belly button and it was 51 inches. I just accepted the fact that I need to wear an XXL size t shirt. I used to buy XLs and stretch them out to make them bigger because I couldn’t accept my size.

I eat to soothe. I binge eat a lot. I love to go to In-n-out burger and get two double double hamburgers and eat them in my car on my way home. I love to eat late at night. I can eat a whole pizza myself and still eat my next meal. I eat as much as I can and feel extremely guilty after. I can’t resist the food though.

I also hardly ever work out. Sometimes I’ll get into it but I never stick with a workout regiment.

I need help.

Tough love has never worked for me. Anytime anyone has talked tough to me about the consequences of my actions, I completely shut down. It doesn't work for me, In fact, when people do this to me, I binge more. I kind of want to get back at them by eating bad and end up hurting myself more. I do this when my parents try to be tough with me. I eat worse in front of them to get back at them. I know it’s counterproductive. I need encouragement to get past this.

I guess I’m rambling, but I need help and don’t know what to do. Someone please help me.

submitted by /u/fatty_throwaway92651
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2mBLkck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...