Back surgery (250#) to 4 years later (185#)

before and after pics

It was a long journey. And I have a bit to go. But bored. Wanted to share. Feeling really proud of myself.

I was a swimmer in college. I raced at 175-180#. I messed up my back and 2 years of PT, ‘resting’ and not working out later, I was getting surgery. The first two years after were tough. Workouts came and went as my back could handle. The motivation to do anything waned knowing how I’d feel. But, in the last 20 months, I decided to really go for it.

I started slow. 30 mins, 2-3x a week slow. I just walked. I added in stairs. Medicine ball work. Nothing crazy. I looked hard at my diet and cut out so many excess carbs that I relied on to ‘feel better’ about things. I added more time, kept on a healthy diet. Month after month.

I work out whenever I damn well want now. I do the things I want, and feel in control of my body for the first time I 6+ years. I love where I am. None of it was easy. Some days the scale told me things I didn’t want. But it was on me to change.

If you want to get healthier, you gotta want to get healthier. I’m so happy I found ways that worked for me. But ultimately, it was slow and steady and consistent work. This allowed me to grow and out my time into workouts I enjoyed (now mostly rowing and kettlebells). It allowed me to learn to feed myself in healthy and delicious ways. (Helloooo chicken tacos with cilantro, onion, spinach, pineapple, and seasonings on corn tortillas Nevermind pulled chicken chili’s and no sugar added oatmeal with blueberries and cinnamon and cashew milk).

I love it. I love what the work brought. Keep on it. Keep being the best you.

Edit: to all you with real ‘before’ pics. Hold onto them. You’ll be so damn proud of how beautiful your growth is. It’s not the after that is the best part, it’s lining up those pics side by side and knowing what came between them.

submitted by /u/teddyballgame9
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2tRW0HG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...