So...day 1 of my Loseit journey finally starting. I've been lurking here for quite awhile dragging my feet on starting this journey. I finally hit rock bottom last night. I was getting ready for bed and while walking to the bed I could feel my stomach rubbing on the top of my thighs...it was well heart breaking. I've always been a heavy guy hovering around 300 but lately my weight has ballooned to 344. Something has to change. I've calculated my caloric goal and installed the Myfitnesspal app. I'm making my own post because I wanted to include a bunch of details and hopefully hear from some folks who might be able to give some insight who perhaps went through similar experiences. I am 35, five foot 9 and 344lbs and a father of two wonderful children 4 and 6 years old. I'm doing this for them, so I can live longer and be there for them. Plus you know my wife is pretty cool too ;o I live a sedentary life style and I find it difficult to exercise due to at times crushing social anxiety. Even going for walks outside I find diffident, all I can think about is people looking out their windows at the fat man walking down the street. This is part of why I've waited so long to start talking to folks in this place. I've started writing this post dozens of times and always just close the window before posting.
My diet consists of typically yogurt for breakfast, a large lunch often heavy in the carbs (bagel bites, hot pockets etc) and then varying degrees of dinner, usually a sizable portion of a meat,veggie and dessert of some variety. My biggest struggle is soda. I know how terrible it is for me but since I was a kid it was always around (my mom is a soda fiend as well) along with plenty of other sugary substances. I feel confident in stating that I am addicted to sugar. I've made various other attempts at getting rid of soda to no avail, including seltzer (too bitter), sparkling water (eh not bad but not good enough), fruit juices (most have almost as much sugar as Soda) and lots of water. I can't seem to find the right balance to shed any pounds or get rid of my sugar addiction. I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you, and I can only hope to be strong enough this time.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Lw4QF8
No comments:
Post a Comment