After losing 200 lbs, what to do will all this extra

32M 6’4 here.

My SW was 475+...that was the highest I ever saw on a scale, but I’m sure I piled on some more before I decided to help myself.

Today I’m 275, in addition to the weight loss I’ve been in the gym and I even have muscular enough arms to wear tank tops for the first time in my life.

One of the lies we tell ourselves when we’re big is that we look good for our weight, I get it, but for me today I’m starting to really believe it. I got weighed at the doctors the other day, and the nurse reset the scale twice because she didn’t understand how the readings were so high, and lately women have been telling me I’m “hot” which is something I’ve never known in my entire life. Putting it mildly, I’m in the best shape of my life.

All of that positivity and self-praise being said, it all comes when I’m wearing clothes. I know how to dress: I wear undershirts a size too small and spandex underwear to keep everything organized. The problem is that I look absolutely awful naked.

Not “meh” or “not good”...disgusting. The insides of my thighs hang down, my pouch of what is left of my stomach fat hangs down, and I’ve got a balloon of fat above my penis that practically swallows my penis whole any time I’m not laying down or pulling it back with my hand.

I’ve read a lot of anecdotes about this. Some places I’ve read “just keep losing weight and it will fix itself” and I’m trying. Other places say the only fix is surgery, but if that’s the case I don’t even know where to start! I’m a professional with real insurance.

I’ve recently started dating again for the first time in a long time and this is causing me serious issues and grief. Obviously there’s not an overnight fix, but I’d just like to know if there’s a solution on the horizon for me.

I’m embarrassed to talk about it, but god bless the anonymity of reddit.

ANY help, thoughts, experiences, resources would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/lost_200_now_what
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LIyxiQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...