Your weight loss journey only requires you to make One Good Choice at a time.

"I just want to find the fastest way to lose weight."

"I simply don't want to do it wrong."

"I fell off the wagon, and I'm having trouble getting back on."

"Well, what if it doesn't work?"

Excuses. These are all excuses.

I've seen an uptick in posts like these lately. And apparently, when it comes to weightloss, suddenly we all want to be perfect in our approach. We imagine that it will be sunshine and rainbows and we will change our eating habits in one day. Or that the best diet is the fastest diet. That if I have to lose the weight slowly, or plateau, or loose skin, and that this transition is the worst thing ever, and why did I even bother?

Sure, changing your food habits and being conscious about what you eat and how you eat, and everything else that involves food entering your mouth, is uncomfortable. But hey, having extra fat to carry around on your body is even more uncomfortable. That's why we're here!

We get posts all the time on this sub asking how to start. Well that's easy, you just start. You don't wait for Tomorrow. You don't wait for Monday. The only person that you rely on to lose the weight is You.

So, do you want to lose weight, or not?

Instead of those excuses, the statement you should be saying is "I am going to make a Good Choice, right now."

It doesn't matter if The Choice before was a Good or Bad Choice, what matters right now, right at this moment, is whether you will make a Good Choice or a Bad Choice.

You guys make this so complicated. If the answer to "Will I feel better if I eat this cake?" or "Will I feel better if I finish all the food in this large meal?" is a Probably Not, then there's an opportunity to make a Good Choice. If you decide to go forward anyways, and take one bite, but realize it might be too much, there's another opportunity to make a Good Choice.

We did not get all this extra fat by making lots of Good Choices. This is something we have to practice.

Let's revisit the basics:

Move more, eat less. You lose weight when food intake is less than your daily movement. Pretty simple. Very straight forward.

You can lose weight without ever exercising. Did that for 50lbs. Exercise is great! It helps your body move smoother. But as far as a tool for weight loss, it's easier to say "No." to a cookie than it is to run for an hour, at least for most of us (especially if you're starting out, or "getting back on the wagon").

Track everything. I don't care if you track calories or not. Everything that goes into your mouth needs to get noted somewhere. An app. A journal. A photograph. A post-it. A recording. I don't care how you track, but you absolutely must. There's two reasons for this: 1) Accountability. It's a record to keep you on your righteous path. 2) You're experimenting. Each of us must find out what works, and what doesn't. And how could you possibly know what's going wrong when it's going wrong if you can't go back and see what you're doing wrong? (Hint: You can't.)

And I want to add something I think is unspoken, but many new users, or users that are returning, aren't simply aware about:

It's okay to make mistakes. It's okay to try new programs and systems and what-have-you in your journey on losing the weight. It doesn't matter if whatever you tried didn't work that month, it sure as hell beats not trying. Whether you count points, or calories, or don't track the numbers at all, whether you try Keto, Atkins, or another low-carb diet, or whether you try intermittent fasting, OMAD, or mindful eating, this is all part of trying to find what the heck works for you. This is part of the process.

We're all different, especially in our mental approach to weight loss. The only thing that matters in weight loss is: Your Energy In is less than your Energy Out. It doesn't matter how you get there, or which approach you take, your body has enough extra fuel to help make up the difference when you eat less.

We say on this sub a lot, that as long as your good days outnumber your bad, then you're okay. I think of it more as if your Good Choices outnumber your Bad Choices, then you'll be just fine.

So, when you ask things like:

"I just want to find the fastest way to lose weight."

"I simply don't want to do it wrong."

"I fell off the wagon, and I'm having trouble getting back on."

"Well, what if it doesn't work?"

Remember, all this requires you to do is to continue making One Good Choice that will get you to your goal.

submitted by /u/gan1lin2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2tAbZde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...