Therapist discouraging CICO

SW 226 CW 220 GW 180

I just got back from my weekly therapy appointment and this week I talked about dieting. I told her I was counting calories, and she had a pretty frustrating reaction. She basically said that CICO is unsustainable and obsessive and I should just eat in moderation.

The problem is, I CAN’T eat in moderation. I have no self control. I can’t just eat a bit of dessert- I always eat the whole thing. Counting calories helps me stayed disciplined.

She also asked me if I had been diagnosed with an eating disorder before. Finally the conversation turned towards unhealthy body image and my obsession with weight vs health.

I left the session feeling foolish about using CICO, but I know deep down this is how you I’m gonna lose weight.

The really petty part of me just wanted to yell to her “You’re tall and skinny! You have no idea what it’s like to try and lose weight!!!”

Just frustrated right now. I don’t want my therapist to think I’m dumb or unhealthy.

submitted by /u/plumskinzzzz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2lI2vZ1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...