Sometimes you need a practical purpose for losing weight

This advice won't apply to everyone, it might not even apply to anyone but if you're struggling to stay on the wagon it might be worth considering.

This isn't my first time trying to lose weight, when I was 16 I weighed in over 200lbs, and a tiny 5'4 babyman you can imagine I was a hefty boy. I tried everything to lose weight back then but nothing stuck, I loved food too much or at least I loved pizza too much, I could take or leave vegetables (leave most of the time)

One of my friends convinced me to go to a boxing class with him and that changed everything. I loved boxing, I made a lot of friends, I had a very knowledgeable and supportive trainer and I just had fun with it

Pretty soon my mindset with food and exercise changed completely, I wasn't eating right and working out to lose weight I was doing it to be a better boxer, food soon became a means to end and for me, it was just fuel to help me push myself harder.

By 18 I had cut down to an extremely lean 145lbs, I had abs and everything.

Unfortunately 4 years later the gym shut down and I got lazy again, the weight started to very slowly come back on and I didn't even notice, it wasn't until I was 25 when I saw myself in a picture on Facebook and though "shit..." I looked down and my abs were no where to be seen, I didn't even realise.

So again I tried lose weight but with no practical purpose it was just a constant stop start. Until I found pro wrestling, I started training at the wrestling gym 4 months ago and I've not gone over 1800 calories since, the weight is coming back off and I genuinely feel like this might be the one.

Sorry this dragged more than I thought it would but I thought it could help someone at least.

Tl;Dr

If you're struggling to stay on track maybe consider a class or sport to get involved with, you'll find a lot of support and trainers to help you

submitted by /u/El_Matador_Magnifico
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Jsuydd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...