[Discussion] What helped you develop a healthier relationship with food?

I have a dysfunctional relationship with food. I have had intermittent success using a combo of Keto and CICO, but I always get derailed due to my dysfunctional eating habits.

I have always viewed food as a comfort, so when I am having a bad day, or bad weekend, I justify it as being enough to excuse me that it’s okay to eat poorly just for the day/weekend. When I get too hungry, I have no self-control when multiple food options are available to me—I almost always pick the less healthy option.

I wish I was one of those people who viewed food as a fuel and would only eat what is needed to nourish and strengthen my body, but I can’t. I love food. I love eating too much good food.

Please, I’m looking for guidance. Philosophies that may have helped you. Books that may have helped you.

I WANT to lose weight, but I can’t get that switch to flip into the GO position for longer than a couple of months.

Any help is much appreciated.

submitted by /u/ScionOfSekhmet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LFkydq

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...