One month Fitbit calorie burn tracking analysis

So I've been curious about the accuracy of the fitbit and the calorie burned data. I have to say i'm pleasantly surprised.

I've read a lot about people claiming the data is useless and that they are terribly inaccurate. That isn't supported by my information, however.

In the month of May, I lost 12.2 pounds. In that same time frame, my CICO numbers according to the food input and calorie burn data on my fitbit ionic showed a total calorie deficit of 45,621 for the month. If you divide the calories burned by the wrought lost, it comes out to 3,739 calories of deficit per pound lost.

Considering the common math says that 3,500 calories of deficit is 1 pound lost, I feel like the 239 calories above that to be well within my range of satisfaction. If you consider the possibility of errors in meal tracking, it's just about as accurate as I could hope for.

Just wanted to share for those people curious.

That all being said, I've been keeping my calories between 1,800-2,200 a day regardless of calories burned. I'm a 35 year old 5'8" male. Started the month at 233.4 lbs, ended at 221.2.

submitted by /u/carlthesnake
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HicoVR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...