Ok. Let's talk about alcohol and addiction.

I realized a few months ago that I needed to turn my life around, and I needed to do it the right way. In my teens and early 20s, all I needed to do was stop eating, or purge everything to stay at a "great" weight. Every few months I'd get antsy about my weight, relapse into an ED for about two months, slim down, and then be "fine".

I want to do it right this time. I know, as a woman, the older I get, the more difficult it will be for my body to rebound. I'm 30 pounds overweight, and not remotely toned.

So I've changed my eating (I love zoodles!), and begun working out (bodyweights to begin with). I also read a book about amino acids and added them daily, and my motivation and energy are FANTASTIC. All good right? Except... well... I have this little addiction.

Hello Reddit, I'm contradictioninterms, and I'm an alcoholic.

I've quit it before, in short term bursts, but never completely. And I don't WANT to quit it completely. I just want to maintain control again. I REALLY don't want to attend meetings, or go to therapy, or substitute, I don't know...yerba mate or whatever. It doesn't impede my day-to-day life (Some nights I don't drink, when I do it's probably about 4-5 shots of vodka or gin), I don't drunk eat on it (usually)... but I know it's not helping my weight loss goals.

I guess why I'm reaching out is... has anyone else experienced this? I've seen posts where folks with more willpower than I clearly have quit alcohol first, and that begins their weight-loss journey. Others work it in to a set calorie amount, which is what I've been doing... mostly. Does anyone out there struggle with overcoming their addiction to alcohol, while getting the rest of their weight loss on track? That's where I feel like I am right now, that I'm set for success... minus this pull to the liquor cabinet most days around, well... now...

submitted by /u/contradictioninterms
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2svgW6s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...