NSV: My eyes look bigger.

I've lurked here for a long time and I decided I'd finally post. I was always really self-conscious about the size of my eyes when I was at my heaviest. But my face has really slimmed down and my eyes look bigger! They don't look almost closed when I smile anymore. I know it's kinda silly, but I'm so excited.

I'm 5'5" and weighed 230 at my highest (I'm a woman). Currently at 190 and hoping to get to 150. I've gone up and down a bit, but oddly, I look thinner now than I did at 175!

I've done this how all of you have - CICO. I weigh my food. I log restaurant meals. I sometimes engage in intermittent fasting. Every day, I try to keep in mind who I want to be. I often fall off the wagon. But I always get back up again. Reading posts here helps me. Your journeys inspire me.

My advice is to always remember that messing up doesn't mean giving up. We have the rest of our lives to keep trying - so do it! That means you'll have to change things and that's ok.

For a long time, I tried to force myself to stick to 1200 calories per day. That just didn't work for me. I need some wiggle room. Now I aim for 1500/day and I'm so much happier! Sure, the weight-loss has slowed, but I have found that I'm much less likely to binge eat at 1500 calories. I miss seeing those numbers go down on the scale quickly, but this lifestyle is so much more sustainable for me.

Thank you all for being wonderful!

submitted by /u/_Shelf_Life_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Hi0oUa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...