When I was in school I was very athletic and in really good shape. My junior year I got into drugs. Long story short I became a herlin addict for 2+ years. At 19 I got clean after four rounds of treatment. When I got out of my last time in treatment I weighed like 230lbs at 6'1".
Over the next 5+ years I slowly gained weight. My main focus at first was staying clean, then getting and holding a job. Once I had a steady job I decided to get my GED. Then I got a new job in medical manufacturing. After six months there i loved it so much I decided to go to college for it. So I started with my liberal arts degree at a community college with plans to transfer into a chemical engineering program at a uni.
Fast forward three years to January of this year. I still have my great job, have a 3.67 gpa after 2.5 years of school(I am finally at a uni now) and weigh 316lbs... I slowly packed the weight on over the years, but the last year really did it. From 8am to 1130pm monday-friday I was either at school or work. So I ate fast food constantly.
Up to this point I made small attempts at getting healthy. Like cutting out pop or not eating fast food. But they just never worked. They were such small goals too, but for some reason I just couldnt do it.
In very early February something just clicked. Its like I woke up. After years of eating as bad as you can I all the sudden saw myself. I saw how obese I was and how terrible I ate. I knew i would die very early if I didnt change. Everything fell in place at once. Even the thought of fast food or pop made me cringe. This all happened in a matter of seconds.
It was in that moment everything changed. I didnt set small goals like dont drink pop or dont eat fast food, I just went all in. And it wasnt like it felt like a huge commitment, it was the only way to go.
I kept it very basic. I did some research on diet and decided a high protien diet would be best. I also got a gym membership. Then went to work.
Fast forward to today... I am down from 316lbs to 255lbs after 4 months. So ive lost 61lbs. I have probably gained 5+ pounds of muscle too.
What do I do? Keep it simple. I make sure I am in a calorie deficit every day, lift weights pretty heavily 6 times a week, walk at an incline for 30 minutes after each workout, make sure I get atleast 10,000 steps a day and I eat healthy.
I eat a ton of chicken, fish, rice and oats. I will have different things here and there but mostly those foods. And i dont do crazy recipes. I usually eat a baked chicken breast with some rice and lemon. And I dont meal prep. Just eat when i want. I will eat chipotle several times a week too. And i take vitamins. I never eat bad food though. Havent had any fast food or candy or anything like that.
It has been effortless this whole time. I havent had any desire to stop or eat bad. I love going to the gym. It is the best part of my day. Idk its crazy how it just clicked....
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2sT8bDJ
No comments:
Post a Comment