Lost 20kg (about 45 pounds) and here's what I learned

[WARNING! though I am proficient in english, it's not my first language. Should I make any mistakes please let me know, I'm trying to improve every day ;) ]
Hello everyone! I decided to post it simply because I may help someone a little bit, plus it's kinda special for me, because soon I'll start building muscle mass, and in the first time in my life I'll try to GAIN weight, albeit in a healthy way. Before I dive into my thoughts and opinions on my journey please note that these are only that - my thoughts and opinions. I'm not a speciallist, and I don't try to be one. It started about... boy, 1.5 year ago. I went to college and shortly after I thought that now I have more control over my lifestyle then ever and so it it the time to do something about my weight. And so I did. I calculated how much calories I need using one of those calculators on-line, and cut about 10% of my daily needs. To top it all I attended gym 2 times a week. And here is lesson number one - as a fat (yes, FAT) highschool student I've tried diets, and I tried help of specialists and that kind of stuff. My tip - don't. Unless you have a real problem like being morbidly obese try to deal with on your own at first. Take your time, go to any site like cronometer and just put what you eat there. Make a little confession every evening and you will start seeing that JESUS CHRIST this *put any food you thought is low in calories* has THAT much calories? You yourself will start making better choices. HOWEVER here's also lesson numer 2 - it's one thing to lose weight, and it's the other to do it in a healthy way. I've been in both of those places. You can use calorie - restrictive diet that's based on burgers. You can! And you will look better after a while, but your blood tests and your risk will still be high. So make a conscious decision - do I want to get healthy and look good, or look good, or maybe I'll try to look good for now, and if I like it I will get healthy :D I went with 3rd option, and I regret nothing. What's more - it was easier. Why? Well, lesson number 3 - don't turn your lifestyle 180 degrees. If you read this you most likely have tried to get in shape. And you might have failed. If so that might be because one day you were casually eating chips and drinking soda, and the other day after "decision" you are in a shop thinking "how the fuck even kale looks like?". NO! STOP IT! don't do that! You might get there, but right now you need to turn to right direction slowly, otherwise you risk falling off the road. I would like to give you an example - right now I turned to plant based diet, I still eat animal products but very, very rarely. I don't "miss" anything, I learned basis of cooking and I exercise 3-4 times a week I'm in a really good shape. But that's now, and it took time, not only getting in shape took me time. Screw that, you know what was harder? to fully adapt to new lifestyle. Once I did I still allow myself to eat "bad' food, especially in social settings, but I live healthy life, and boy, I have never felt better. And one more lesson I learned that I'd like to share - your goal isn't what you think it is. You think it's all about losing weight and then it's gone! But there is one more thing - "yoyo" effect. First of all, I'd like to make one thing clear - there is no yoyo effect related to weight, but there is yoyo effect that's related to lifestyle. If you want to lose weight and not put it right back you need to find a way that works for you that will allow you to live good lifestyle permanently. Make no mistake - first law of thermodynamics states that energy and mass can not be created nor destroyed, so if you will keep balace in your diet there's no way in hell you will put that back. And if you have what it takes to state that your body can break first law of thermodynamics then I'd call NASA or CERN, they will pay you a metric ****tons of money just to study this fenomenon ;) That's mostly it guys, feel free to ask anything you want, I might put something more one day. I wish you all patience and I hope you will one day be that person posting "I lost X amount and I love my life like never before". Peace ;)

submitted by /u/Maruder97
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xAcf07

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...