Long time lurker here who has been inspired by all of you!
I'm finally taking my body back after a 5 year struggle. I started out around 120-140lbs in 2013 (I didn't weigh myself regularly) and over the course of a year around 2015 went from 170-200 (this is as far back as I started tracking my weight).
Around fall 2016 I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and it seems like a lot of the weight gain was due to a long bout of depression that I waited too long to get help for. Instead I ate my feelings and leant heavily on booze. Now I'm here, hovering around 190-205 for the past year or so.
Over that time I've struggled with going from extremely body-confident to cripplingly insecure, and that insecurity has infested almost every other aspect of my life. This is not just about my weight anymore - it's about getting back to a mentally and emotionally healthy state where I feel good about my body AND myself.
I tried MFP for a few weeks (even bought a proper food scale!) but it wasn't a great fit for my lifestyle - at least not currently. I'm now about a week into IF at between 17/7 - 19/5 depending on the day. Overall I've lost about 6lbs over the past month, eating healthily but not sacrificing the things I love, and without feeling at all inconvenienced, hangry or otherwise over-challenged.
Here are my readings over the past 3 years.
And here are my readings over the past month. Looks like progress to me! I'm still nowhere close to my goal, but I'm setting reasonable, achievable short-term goals for myself, and not being too hard on myself if I don't reach them as quick as I hope. And for the first time I'm really starting to believe that I can do this.
So thank you all for sharing your journeys - they have been a huge part of building me up to this point and I'm so happy to finally feel ready to start sharing my own!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JP6wbL
No comments:
Post a Comment