I used to hate running...

...and I still don't LOVE it. But let me tell you, the absolute biggest difference I've noticed after losing about 15lbs and building up to now running anywhere between 2-4.5 miles/2-3 days a week is that I'm not completely out of breath anymore! I started running at the beginning of the year (working my way through C25K, then trained for my first 12k in early May, and finished my second 12k this morning, beating my first time by 5 minutes). Although my muscles were tired during and joints ached afterward, I could actually BREATHE through the entire thing...and it made a huuuuuge difference in motivating me for next time!

For as long as I can remember, I would huff and puff while running and could barely catch my breath during cool-down. Now with some weight loss and patience, It's all completely changed! So if you're like me and dread running for exercise because you just can't breathe well, I PROMISE you it gets easier! Just stick with it. Picturing that 15lbs of weight I'm also no longer hauling around while running is a real motivator.

submitted by /u/elenjay
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JJGLtm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...