How do you stay motivated/not feel discouraged/not get burnt out on this long, long trek through weight loss?

I've been tracking on MyFitnessPal and counting calories for 109 days now. I've reached my first mini goal and have lost 16 pounds. (This is a big deal for me, because losing weight has been incredibly difficult the past few years - PCOS and thyroid issues have complicated this aspect of my life). But I'm starting to feel the weight loss slow down a little bit which is discouraging, and I'm more apt to reach for those extra few calories and tell myself it doesn't really matter. In a lot of ways I think I'm my own worst enemy. I still want to lose about 60 more pounds to be at the weight I was at four/five years ago. I haven't gotten lower than the weight I'm currently at for a good two years. So in my mind I'm thinking, can I really get below this weight, or am I just destined to be stuck at this point?

So what is your best advice for getting out of a slump? I'm honestly feeling burnt out from putting so much effort into this, and knowing how far I still have yet to go. I know it's a lifestyle and not a short term fix, but it still feels overwhelming and impossible somedays.

submitted by /u/MarvelousMoxie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Kf3Qo7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...