Getting fit while pregnant is the best thing I've ever done for myself. Here's my story.

About a year ago, I reached a low point in my life. I was overworked, overly stressed, and eating girl scout cookies to manage my pain. It's not an uncommon story, but when you're in this zone it can be lonely.

About a year ago, I decided to take control of my life. I signed up for one of those intense fitness camps (Think Biggest Loser) and kick started my journey. It was life changing. I lost about 10 pounds and many inches. I felt great! But, as they warn, the weight started to come back. Luckily, I was able to stop my bad habits before I was out of control again.

I signed up for a gym, started working out 3-4 days a week and began intuitively eating. I focused much of my energy on weight training. I believed that if I was strong, I could lose the fat.

About a month and a bit into my training, I found out I was going to be a first time mom!! I couldn't believe it. I was so excited and also scared. I was overweight. I hadn't gotten to my goal. I believed that pregnancy was the goodbye to a strong healthy body.

I'm here today to say that is NOT the case. I continued my workout routine and have gained very little weight during my pregnancy (approved by my doctor). I am the fittest I have been in years and I actually went down a pant size! Being pregnant has been a motivational force in my life, encouraging me to take care of this baby.

Anyhow, I hope anyone who is worried about staying in shape while pregnant finds this useful. Start your routine early, and keep going. You can find fitness and health and have a great pregnancy.

Here is a transformation photo for those that are curious. The left is me before I became pregnant. The right is me at 5 months pregnant (a week ago).

http://imgur.com/Ff560fY

submitted by /u/windblowfish87
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yWWrW3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...