Over the past 9 months I've lost roughly 140lbs with the help of gastric bypass justadisclaimer. My original goal was to just be able to do things easier. Wipe my ass, shower, sleep better, go up and down stairs without being winded, walk around the block without my body aching from head to toe, etc. Once I started dropping the lbs though I decided I wanted to aim for some other goals as well. I've always wanted to attend an anime convention because I'm as much a nerd as I am gay and I'm pretty hecking gay but my weight had always held me back. I was scared of what people would think of me, scared I'd overheat because I only wore long sleeve sweaters and jeans regardless of the temperature, scared I'd hold the people I went with back due to needing rest breaks very frequently, and just scared of being outside in general.
But I recently achieved that goal, and then some! I went to an anime convention and I was able to overcome anxiety about shorts and t-shirts. I even went as far as not wearing a compression shirt and shorts because, frankly, I was confident in myself and I wanted to be comfortable as well.
I had a pretty awesome time as well! I was able to walk miles without feeling sore after, no shortness of breath, I approached people to get pictures with them though I'm still awkward as all hell and slouch while also trying to avoid garnering attention to myself if I can help it, I was comfortable, I didn't sweat a ton, I smelled better, I looked better, I just felt better. I never thought I'd be comfortable enough, both physically and mentally, to attend a 4-day convention and here I am already looking forward to planning a trip to next years con.
I still have a LOT to work on. I need to reach my personal goal of 180lbs, I need to get comfortable with my body, I need to save up a shit ton of money for plastic surgery, I need to get a better relationship with fitness, I need to build my confidence, I need to keep working on loving myself, and I need to keep setting goals and working to achieve them. But at least I checked one major thing off of my list, well... actually two since I'm wearing shorts and t-shirts in 90 degrees F weather now instead of hoodies and jeans, and I'm pretty fucking stoked about it.
Next thing on my list is to work up the courage to go on a date with a guy and also attend Pride festival this year. Both of which will be firsts. If anyone has tips/tricks to getting over the "I'm going on a date with this person with potential for sex, oh god he's going to see my loose skin and vomit, oh god now I have major anxiety and want to cancel" please let me know.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JJFqmv
No comments:
Post a Comment