152 days and counting

Well I'm not sure where to begin, It's a bit difficult articulating what I'm about to type. 14 out of the 23 years I've been alive I have been overweight my heaviest being 285 Lbs when I graduated high school. FIVE years have passed, after endless nights of restlessness, crying myself to sleep wondering "What is going on?", "Why do I feel like this?". I determined large part of my depression was/is my weight, considering I'm a 5ft 6 male weighing 260 pounds. Size 42/44 waist. XXL Shirts. On January 7th, 2018, I finally choose to do something about it. I bought a gym membership, started going to the gym maybe 2 or 3 times a week if that pushing myself just to go. Those days that I did go I used the elliptical 10-30 minutes every session, I was also lifting weights not knowing what I was doing. As time went on week by week I started to notice that my 2 or 3 times a week at the gym was turning into 4 or 5 days. Month by month along with my weight decreasing I started to notice my social, food, drink, life choices changing so fast right before my eyes. In the last 152 days this is what I've accomplished.

45 pounds lost 260 to 215 Goal weight is (180)

-Progression with my workouts started with 10 pound dumbbells, Up to 20-35+ pound dumbbells Depending on my exercises'

-Normal sleep routine (get up from 6am-8am)

-Healthy eating/drinking habits (no soda) Only water.

-Better health all around (Posture, Attentiveness, Awareness)

-Better social skills (confidence, interactions)

Though it feels like I'm stuck in this never-ending loop. I still feel and look obese when I look in the mirror, I probably will not be happy until I get down to 180 Lbs. Now I find it very hard to have empathy and compassion, perhaps all those years being as depressed as i was has something to do with this.

From one struggle to another. Keep moving forward.

submitted by /u/jobba2200
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HBYT3c

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...