SW: 160 lbs CW: 149 lbs GW: 135 lbs
I’ve had such a positive experience this past month and want to share for beginners who need inspiration!
Routine (includes modified intermittent fasting, CICO and 1200 cals per day):
I wake up, get to work and drink mainly seltzer and coffee until 1 PM. Then I eat lunch, roughly 300-500 calories such as tuna salad with avocado and chia seeds on spinach, or a turkey hummus open sandwich. On days I go to the gym, I save part of my lunch for closer to 5 PM and snack on 7-14 almonds.
At least three times a week I walk from work 1.5 miles to the gym, where i take a 7pm fitness class: kettlebell, body conditioning or boot camp (I absolutely have no discipline to work out alone and I find classes push you to finish the whole hour! Plus, you make new friends)
I get home from the gym around 8:30-9 and eat the remaining 700 calories, mostly with meats and veggies. I haven’t cut out carbs or dairy but I’ve cut down. No after work drinks if I’m home by myself (a big lifestyle change for me... bye casual bodega six pack :( )
On days i don’t go to the gym, I track my calories but don’t time my meals (so i can grab a drink with friends and not feel guilty)
Surprisingly, eating late keeps me full until 1PM the next day, along with the coffee and seltzer.
Pack your lunch pack your lunch pack your lunch
On weekends I don’t do IF but try to stick to 1200 calories a day, even if my diet gets a little...greasier lol.
Tips: I never buy junk food at the grocery store. Only healthy food. Junk food has a way of creeping into your life anyway.
Buy mainly veggies, fruits and meats at the grocery store. Go crazy trying new things!
Don’t be too restrictive on yourself if you don’t want to be. I couldn’t do Keto because i love bananas and other carbs, and my fasts are usually a bit less than 16 hours. And cheat days are totally allowed as long as they’re not too often! It’s all good.
Walk everywhere you can or try taking the bike. I’m experimenting with biking either my morning or evening commute to work/from the gym. It’s 40 minutes and it sucks, but I can’t argue with results.
Consider cutting back on drinking. I’m limiting myself to 3-4 drinks a week (a big cut for me), mostly vodka sodas if I can help it.
Move to a fifth floor walk up. Jk (unless you’d like to take mine)
Be disciplined for real. For a long time I would “talk” about dieting or go on fad smoothie diets, but I wasn’t tracking calories because I didn’t want to get obsessive like I was in middle and high school. But IMO it’s really the best way to actually see if you’re consuming less.
Comment or DM me if you have questions! This truly feels sustainable for me and I hope it continues to be.
Thanks for reading and thanks for all your motivating posts as well! We are in this together!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2smqjFz
No comments:
Post a Comment