For the first time in 40 years I left the doctor's office feeling GOOD about myself!

I had to go to the doctor today because I pulled a muscle during a workout on Tuesday and wanted to make sure I didn't do any serious damage, and also get a prescription for some muscle relaxers to take at night so I don't wake up all locked up every morning while it's healing.

Anyway, it's been 55lbs since I last saw my doctor and 100lbs total since my highest weight (though I didn't start seeing the doctor until I had gotten down the first 45lbs). I previously had knee/back problems, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I'm 41, female and 5'3" tall.

When my doctor walked in the door he looked me up and down and said, "Hey, where's the rest of you?" with a big grin on his face. He asked if I was having any other pain besides the pulled muscle, and after thinking about it for a bit I realized, no, I don't. My knees, my lower back, it's all better. The only pain I have is from throwing a right hook without rotating my torso enough during a cardio boxing workout, aka a temporary, not chronic, issue.

My blood pressure was NORMAL. Which I knew as I had been monitoring it at home, but it was news to him and nice for me to see it reflected in an official setting. I always worry I'm doing it wrong at home. Last we had talked if my blood pressure didn't improve by my next visit I was going to be put on medication. Not any more!

My resting heart rate is 45, he was quite impressed. We didn't do labs today but he's very convinced my cholesterol numbers will be better next time around.

I decided to throw a flu shot in while I was there and when the nurse rolled up my sleeve to give me the shot she said, "I might need to get your workout routine from you, your arms are very toned!" Which honestly blew my mind. I've never worn tank tops EVER, I've always hated my arms and when I look in the mirror I mostly see the loose skin at the very top. I ended up giving myself a good look after, and she's right, I should be showing these guns off!

Anyway, I just wanted to say, it gets better, stick with it, you can be the person you feel you are on the inside, it just takes time and consistency, and it's never too late to start! I started getting serious around February of this year and have been losing steadily ever since. My only regret is waiting so long, because I just feel better in every way right now. I even plan on taking real boxing lessons once my stupid back is healed! I'm going to be the most bad ass tiny old lady there is!

submitted by /u/Cloberella
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ko3IT6j

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help appreciated

So, I (27M) have always been kinda heavy. I haven't weighed under 100 kg in like 12 year. And as of last december I decided to do somet...