I starved myself for 21 days on a reality TV show (Naked and Afraid). It has been 1 year since the challenge, and I have gained back more than I lost, even though my lifestyle is the same (if not better). I believe my BMR/ability to store fat has adjusted. Will it EVER go back to what it once was?

I am a female in my mid 20s. Last year, I weighed between 125-130 pounds. My weight was always easy to manage: I remember I lost 5 pounds in the week before Naked and Afraid, just because I ran frequently — I was actually eating MORE calories that week than usual. So I went in to the challenge at 125 pounds.

During the challenge, I lost 25 pounds over 21 days. I came out at 100 pounds.

Within a week, I was back at 120 (binge eating for a few days, newfound water weight), and I stayed at 120 for a few months. Then, half of my hair fell out (this is something that happens to people after malnutrition or bodily shock), and I started to gain more weight.

At this point, I was eating normally again. I am now between 136-139, and don't feel good. The extra weight did not distribute well. I messaged some folks from the show, and A LOT of women say they experienced the same situation.

I am now trying to eat ~1000 calories per day (never more than 1500) and exercise lightly to moderately every second day. I am not losing weight. I have been doing this for a week and a half now; my old body would have shot down a pound a day, but my new body is not budging.

I am still hot. But I miss being my old size — keep in mind the extra 12-14 pounds distributed in a very primal/emergency way — it's not a flattering or healthy weight gain — it's a starvation prevention. Will my body EVER go back to its original metabolism?

submitted by /u/survivalthrowaway1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ilkzn0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...