10/70 pounds down. Something feels different this time

I was always quiet thin until i turned 25. I lived with a toxic housemate with an eating disorder who would make snide remarks any time I ate anything even remotley high in calories. This lead me to eat in secret. Like food was now a game and I was winning because she didn't know.

Then alot of shitty things happened in close succesion and I turned to food. I slowly put on 3 stone, but in the last year ive gained another 3. My face doesnt look like me anymore and my stomach now sits on my legs.

I've tried so many times over the last few years to loose weight but always quit after loosing 10 - 14 pounds. Last october I even managed 20.

Two weeks ago I looked in the mirror and something clicked inside me. That I needed to loose weight for my health, not because it will look better. I want to run again. I want the freedom of going for a run or lunging and squating without feeling like im carrying a child on my back. I want to be happy and confident again.

Over the last 3 years Ive refused to speak to men as Im terrified they will reject me because of my weight, I'm embarressed around my friends because i know they think im lazy.

I want to loose this weight so badly and have lost 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks. (1500- 1700 kcals a day and more movement). I havent forced any grueling excercise routines just tryed to improve.

My question for people who have lost over 50 pounds is: how did you stop yourself from quitting? What happened that was different to before?

On one hand I really feel like I'm going to do it this time, but on the other I know I'm aproaching the point I normally quit.

I'd really love to hear your tips.

submitted by /u/Chickenbladder
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36dSCsI

No comments:

Post a Comment

should I break my intermittent fasting?

I weight 78kg now (started at 90kg) and I do a very high calories deficit of 1,000 calories a day. Along with intermittent fasting. (My hei...