People who have lost a considerable amount of weight: was your mental readjustment just as hard as your physical adjustment?

I'm not sure this is the proper forum for this topic, but here it is anyway.

My weight loss journey is wild and complex. Noteworthy: I am 6ft1.

My highest recorded weight was 407lbs, and I stand today, after 3 years of work, at 227lbs. Lots of self hatred, depression, and so many mixed feelings. There are many reasons I decided to lose weight that I won't go into. But I always pictured golden bridges and rainbows at the end, and am sad to discover that I was wrong in my visions.

I still struggle mentally so much. I still don't like myself. And I still find myself in these pools of depression, feeling like I don't know how to move forward and make progress, even though I do.

It's just a feeling of hopelessness. And I'm wondering if this is a common thing to have to overcome, or if I'm an oddball.

Also noteworthy: I know this post is poorly worded. But this topic flusters me greatly, and I struggle to express myself on how this makes me feel. So hopefully it makes sense to you.

submitted by /u/athillionaire
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2wUf2l3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...