In 3 years, 5 people I know have gotten the gastric sleeve. I want it. Spouse says I haven't truly tried.

Today I spent the day on my butt because of a painful metatarsalgia flare up. I don't know if its the pain talking or what but I've been heavily considering a gastric sleeve. I personally know 5 people who have gotten the surgery ranging in age from 19 yrs old to 55 yrs old. Some have been more successful than others but they all look great. At age 30, I feel like the joint pain in my body is increasing every month. I have no idea how much I weigh; my guess would be 245-265 lbs and I'm 5'6". All of my weight is carried in my upperbody and I look horrid in pictures.

My greatest opponent to weightloss surgery is my spouse. She believes I haven't truly tried to lose weight and the surgery is an "easy way out". I look at it as a jump start to overcome my genetics and begin living a better life. I've always been heavy. My entire extended family is morbidly obese (think 400-600 lb range) and I look exactly like them. I weighed 210 lbs at 12 yrs old. The lowest I've weighed since then was 215 lbs at 17 yrs old when I was taking a medication for migraines that greatly suppressed my appetite and working out 4-5x per week. At that time I would consume about 700 calories per day and 400 of those were from beverages.

I don't know what to do. I feel defeated and confused. Honestly. Maybe I am looking for the easy way out... but is that so wrong? I'm tired of being in pain, tired of the double chin and fat neck, tired of being the fat friends in photos, tired of physically hurting while exercising, and tired of starving myself with little to no actual progress made. My spouse maintains that I need to stay the course and try harder because I'm "not that big". Maybe we're both wrong in this?

submitted by /u/ihavequestions-3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YBUplO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...