Heaviest I've ever been and feeling very stuck and in need of advice

First time posting in here…I guess I’m looking for some guidance/tips/insight on actually making the changes I need to make to be healthier.

I’m F/29/5’7 and in the last few months my weight has crept up to the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life at 231 pounds. Over the last couple of years, my weight had been pretty consistently in the range of 205-218. The lower end of that was the result of getting a Peloton bike and using it every day for the first year- I didn’t change my diet much during that time, but going from little to no exercise to high-intensity cardio daily helped my weight get down to 205 (It was hard to keep up with the daily use of it and I use it a few times a week now). I had some short-term success in losing weight back in college by cutting out most carbs and was down to about 180 and feeling great, but I slipped back into eating carbs again and slowly gained the weight back.

I’ve been going through a pretty difficult time in the last year or so- basically a whole slew of issues related to finances, my relationship, family, anxiety, etc. I’ve always been an emotional eater and struggled with self-control and portions, and recently it’s gotten worse. I feel like I actually can’t stop myself from eating food that will make me gain weight. I also snack a lot, I eat when I’m not hungry, and I eat portions that are too big. I have reactive hypoglycemia; I’m not diabetic but my blood sugar sometimes drops a few hours after eating (usually after carbs) and I get shaky and weak and extreme hunger where I feel like I need to eat a ton of food to feel better immediately, but that starts the cycle over again. Even though I know the excessive carbohydrates and high-calorie foods are contributing to both the weight gain and the hypoglycemic episodes, I cannot stop eating them, like I’m addicted to carbs. Pretty much every single day, I say to myself “I’ll start tomorrow” and eat whatever high-calorie food I’m craving. I’m very uncomfortable in my body right now- none of my clothes fit right or look good on me anymore and I’m uncomfortable out in public.

I’m feeling incredibly stuck right now. I know what one needs to do to lose weight…calories in/calories out, food journal, etc. I just can’t seem to make myself start. You’d think that being so uncomfortable and unhappy with myself would kickstart a change, but I just haven’t been able to make those changes yet. Does anyone else have a similar experience? I’m afraid that I’ll start eating really healthy for a few weeks and then fall back into my old habits, like every other time I’ve tried to change my diet. I’m wondering if I should look into getting a nutritionist or join some kind of program that would keep me accountable?

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Help!

submitted by /u/lcd2433
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Kwn3zJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...