[NSV] I went on a bike ride!

I work nights so I was up since 11pm just sitting in bed. My back and neck have been hurting so much as a result. I was getting so tired of being complacent all day and night so I decided I would take a walk. My plan was to walk up to a main road and back, probably a little over 2 miles, just me and my podcast. I could've gone to the gym but I didn't want to be in one place I wanted to be outside for once.

I've been struggling to hit 200 lbs and I know cardio would help put me over the edge. I started thinking maybe I should just suck it up and ride my bike. So I grabbed my back pack, my waters, a towel, and pumped up the air in my bike tires (this bike has been sitting in the garage for over 2 years). Got my self outside did a little test ride in front of the house to make sure nothing was gonna fall off.

And so I went. I decided to do my old route which is about 4 miles. I used to bike this all the time years ago. I warmed up during the first mile, took a break not sure how far I could go, got back on and rode halfway up a hill. Walked a little more, rode the rest of the hill. I really thought I was going to pass out, my lungs were working so heavy, my legs were jello. I reminded myself that it wasn't easy the first time I did this and it wont be easy now, I told myself if I keep going and trying I will be able to ride up this hill again without stopping or breaking a sweat. I contemplated riding down the hill back home but I really wanted to keep going.

But NOPE I did 1.5 more miles. The first half of my ride is always the hardest because no matter where I start there is some sort of incline to get out of my neighborhood. So I was riding on a flatter surface, contemplating which street to take back. I winded my way through the neighborhood and coasted the last half mile back downhill, it was so exhilarating I can't wait to do it again. In total I did about 3.6 miles. I didn't do my exact route since the last time I was riding my bike like this a lot of the streets have been changed to connect to my neighborhood so I didn't have to do any backtracking to get home.

submitted by /u/jddanielle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XwaEAl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...