Lost 38 lbs. Ran a half marathon. Stopped training and eating clean. Gained 30 lbs back. A little discouraged, but back on the grind.

Basically I got a little older and gained a lot of weight. I’m taller and a bigger guy so I hid it well. While visiting my parents my dad rubbed my belly and said that I was as fat as him.

That did it.

Started eating clean and training hard. Over 3ish months I weighed less than I had in 10 years. I felt great. My mental health was great. Life was better.

After the race was over I was elated and took my foot off the gas pedal. After 4 months the weight is back. I ate like crap and drank too much. Now I’m back on the grind and training for my second half marathon. I’m not where I was before, but I know I can get back in the groove.

What is helping me is a little phrase I heard about a year ago: simply begin again.

Whatever you’re facing you can handle it if you simply begin again. Love yourself. Have some grace for your mistakes and keep working.

Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/postshowerpoop
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XUu71Y

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...