How do I prevent myself from overeating/over-snacking?

So I have been working on trying my best to lose weight over the past nearly 7 months now after I gained an alarming 15 lbs in the span of 3 months last fall (turning 21 and binge drinking and eating caught up to me a hell of a lot sooner than I thought). I have always struggled very badly with low self-esteem with my body image, as I have always been slightly overweight, so to quickly gain even more weight was a huge bummer to me, and I knew I needed to make a change if I wanted to be happier.

At first, I lost a few pounds, but the pounds eventually came back on. I assumed this was because I had also started incorporating cardio and strength training into my lifestyle which I had never really done before, and I was most definitely gaining a lot of muscle. However, it’s been months now and my weight has barely budged, and I think I have an idea as to why.

I find that it’s not so much the foods I eat nowadays that are bad, but rather the quantity and frequency is awful. I had been using the “Lose It” app to track my calories, but I eventually stopped because I felt it was causing some stress for me to try and remember every thing I ate and how much. I am strongly considering downloading it again thou as I feel it did help me somewhat to stop overeating.

I’m just curious if anyone has any tips that they could share that could help me in learning ways to not overeat. Is there an easier way to measure out food portions without a scale? Would eating or drinking something specific help fill me up better to where I don’t feel as hungry or have the urge/cravings to eat? What about a supplement?

Any advice would be very helpful to me!

submitted by /u/MoVodka
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XsVzzr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...