A bit of silliness: I fit in a Fiat 124 (like a Miata) today.

Okay, this is a bit silly, but I've wanted a Miata for quite some time, but my attempting to get into one would have likely become an embarrassing viral video.

Today, however, I took my parents' SUV in for service, and it wound up needing something that would take a couple of hours. So rather than watch daytime TV in the waiting area, I walked around the lot and checked out cars. In the used section there was a Fiat 124 with the top down. (Link to Wikipedia page if you want to see a photo)). I kind of looked at it, glanced around, and thought, hmmm, I wonder if I could fit yet. So I looked around again, resigned myself to giving anyone watching a chuckle, opened the door, and got in. To my surprise, I could get into a driving position and wouldn't be too cramped. I don't think it would work well with the top up, though. Nor was I feeling brave enough to ask a salesperson to take it for a spin. (I will have to go back tomorrow, though, as they didn't correctly fix the brakes).

Thus, for a moment, on what was a pretty cruddy day after an emotionally difficult weekend (disaster relief stuff), I got into a tiny car and felt proud at how far I've come.

submitted by /u/jazzynoise
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2S3pjSw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...