20/F/ 265 lbs (120kg) starting new journey and need some advice + answers to questions!

So I’ve been working hard towards changing my old habits because I want to lose weight! Not too concerned about the number, just want to be way thinner and to the point where I feel confident! Ideally being less than 200 lbs would be great.

I started last week by cutting out all fast food, sweets, and any drinks besides water. Bought some groceries to start cooking simple, healthy things.

Issues:

  • I’m counting calories but am unsure of how to divide my goal (1400) within meals or snacks throughout the day. I find myself being really hungry since I started this “diet”, is this normal? Is it okay to let myself be hungry especially near bed time? Note that I also have acid reflux.

  • Working out is something I’ve been doing for a while but recently I’m having some knee and ankle pain. Any exercises I could do that don’t cause too must strain on those?

  • I have tendonitis and it is really bad on my wrist area. Any way I can still do arm workouts without hurting myself too much?

  • How can I make drinking enough water easier? I’ve gotten too used to running on little to no water in my system so now that I am trying to stay hydrated it gets hard reaching that 2L goal!

Some other facts that may be important:

  • College student, schedule for classes are 11AM-8PM MW (back to back 2 hr classes)

  • I’m allergic to many gords (pumpkin, squash, zucchini etc)

  • I am lactose intolerant + have GERD/acid reflux.

  • I will be getting braces next month.

This got long and maybe I put too much info but I want any and all advice I can take! I really am serious about this for once and it’d be nice to receive some tips. Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this and/or respond!

Good luck to everybody out there on their own journeys!

submitted by /u/stanloona75
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XurM9K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...