[Tip] Motivational Hack helped me lose 125lbs

At one point I was 355lbs roughly 2.5 years ago. The day I decided to finally make a change in my life I knew it wouldn’t be easy to pick up the habits and disciple to lose the weight we all want to lose. I knew the diet, knew the workout plan but so don’t we all.

The single greatest hack that I found was my screensaver. The day I weighed in and decided to begin my journey I took a shirtless picture of myself in the mirror. And on that day set it as the lock screen on my phone. There’s so many reasons to it. Whatever you are motivated by whether it’s a good reason or not will find its way to shine. Even though it may be yours phones are always public.

Example 1: if you are embarrassed by what you see on phone you will work hard to change the person holding the phone. I remember at points just wanting to workout a little harder so I would look better than that guy.

Example 2: embarrassment to others, with being very overweight I had a lower self confidence and to me having my fat shirtless self on my lock screen for anyone to see was terrifying. With a shirt on there is almost a layer of protection. But a shirtless picture for all to see is embarrassing so you will do whatever it takes to change that.

Example 3: disciple, you always have your phone with you. This is crucial when it comes time to make those hard choices. Those choices when no else is around. That choice to order that pizza, or have a bite of that cake or whatever it maybe. But having your fat shirtless self staring at you in the palm of your hand will build an incredible self discipline

Example 4: Motivation, finally it will get to the point where you start making progress. It’s important to never let go of that original screensaver. To this day it is still my lock screen because it acts as a constant reminded to not give up and to keep pushing. Sometimes I even get asked “who’s the fat guy on your phone screen” and I just chuckle at the remark and move past it. But deep down you know who he is and you know you are motivated to keep him just on that screen.

Hope this is helpful to even one person because for me it made a world of difference.

submitted by /u/bostoboy75
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WrBNZJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...