Losing any hope to lose weight. It's my fault and it's not. I feel so depressed about my body. What should I do?

I'm not going into too much detail - but I'm suffering from a lot of health issues, some chronic and some sudden, that have left me using a walker since January and now I have to move back to a wheelchair. I'm in so much pain and practically on bed rest.

I'm on a medication that is called Prednisone that makes it nearly impossible to lose weight, and oh-so-easy to gain gain gain. It increases appetite so you never feel full and feel STARVING 24/7. It also literally changes the way your body processes carbs. I was told by my Rheumatologist that even with eating less, as long as I'm on Prednisone I'm going to keep gaining.

I've gained over 100 pounds in a year.

That is RAPID.

To make matters worse, I'm depressed about my current health situation and eating comforts me. I have tried to find substitutes (books, tv shows, crafts) but nothing makes me feel better like eating a bunch of carbs does.

I was in a swim class but had to stop after my health rapidly declined.

I feel like I'm in a situation that'll never get better. The Rheumatologist has been trying to taper me off of the Prednisone for months now and I still have about 11 months of tapering left. We have to go extra slow because I suffer from adrenal insufficiency (caused by f'ing Prednisone) and have almost died before because of that.

Anyway....I'm told the weight gain is not my fault. That Prednisone is the cause. Although, I must say my poor eating habits that have developed because of feeling hopeless, depressed, and bored do play a part. (and yes, I do go to therapy)

I don't really know where I'm going with this.

I hate my fat body. I don't recognize myself in the mirror.

I want to lose weight.

I feel like it's never going to happen.

submitted by /u/tohellothink
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WOy9IK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...