Having trouble losing stubborn belly fat, need advice

Female

Age: 19

Height: 5'3.5"

Weight: 127-128 lbs

I've been working out for a 5 months now with a goal to lose body fat (I'm skinny fat, but I have an unattractive belly that I want to get rid of). I know this term is disliked, but I want my stomach to be "toned".. and I know I have to lose bodyfat overall to achieve that. I do PPL, but I slightly modified it so that I only go to the gym five days a week (pull and leg days twice a week, push day once a week). I lift heavy on leg days and light (low weight, high rep) on upper body days. I eat approximately 1,350 calories a day. My maintenance calories are about 1,600 (I live a sedentary lifestyle). I try to aim for 110-130g of protein a day. My diet is mainly oatmeal for breakfast, chicken/fish and rice for lunch and dinner and I drink one or two protein shakes a day. I feel like I'm on the right track, but I haven't seen any progress at all concerning my goal. Am I just not eating enough? Do I need to eat at maintenance? I'm also going to start doing HIIT three times a week. Any type of advice would be appreciated!

Note: I'm lifting purely for aesthetics and not strength.

submitted by /u/alexis061371
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WIuUOO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...