The scale moved again!

I’m a Male, 6’2”, 255 lbs. when I started my journey I was at 287. I was petrified of hitting 300 so I started eating healthier. You know salads for lunch, chicken and rice instead of pizza for dinner. This was right after college when I got married. I lost about 20-25 pounds then it just stopped, I got a new job where I sat in front of a computer instead of standing walking 8 hours a shift, moved across the country, and started eating more.

After I gained about 5 pounds back I realized my clothes were feeling a bit tight. I decided to eat healthier again and start going to the gym. Since January I’ve gone 4-5 days a week doing a mix of everything, I have 4 set days and one where I try something new, or try new exercises. I dropped another 15 or so pounds then it once again it stopped. Feeling slightly depressed about my weight stopping again. Getting annoyed I started giving myself cheat days way too often. After all i was eating “healthy” right? and I was working my ass off at the gym. The scale has been pretty stagnant around 260 for two months.

Finally about 2 weeks ago I decided what I considered healthy obviously wasn’t good enough, and started tracking my calories, and Oh Boy was I seriously under estimating how much I was eating. On my “good” days I was probably consuming around 2500 and on my bad days closer to 3500. I think the reason I wasn’t gaining much weight back was burning the extra calories at the gym, but it was fluctuating between 260-265.

I’ve become more aware of everything I’m eating. Eat a strawberry? Put it in the tracker. Making dinner, track what goes in. I’m not hungry or starving myself. I’ve just realized how much mindless eating I’ve been doing, and how much useless food I eat because it tastes good or it’s right there.

Today at the gym I’ve dipped down 5 pounds from my lowest point, after months of frustration and hard work I feel like I’m into something! I know I still have a ways to go, but every pound feels good.

submitted by /u/AdvancedWater
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Jaoi9I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...