Recipes/Meal Plan for Someone Who Likes to Cook?

I’ve been doing CICO and MFP for about a month now, and I’ve lost 6 pounds so far! Which is great! But I’m concerned about my ability to keep it up indefinitely/making this a lifestyle change instead of just a diet.

Something I’ve been struggling with so far in doing CICO is that I like to cook. In fact, I can be a little bit of a snob/picky eater. The advantage to this is that I didn’t eat a lot of fast food/junk food to begin with because it doesn’t taste good to me. The downside is that I need to actually like the food I eat.

A lot of the recipes in free 1200-1500 calorie meal plans I’ve found include a lot of stuff that’s highly processed and barely palatable. I’ve never found a low-fat cheese I like, and protein powder tastes like ass. I have tried several kinds at this point. I have one I find least objectionable, but I still don’t love it.

Most of the recipes I’ve found seem to forgo spices. Spices have negligible amounts of calories, so why is everything so bland?

I’ve been putting some of my favorite recipes into MFP to see what their calorie count is, but it’s an onerous process and makes meal planning difficult. Apparently most of my favorite things to cook have too many calories. Eating those recipes out of a shot glass isn’t a functional solution. I need to learn to cook new and different things.

Does anyone have recommendations for where I can find diet recipes and meal plans with more flavor (spices! Herbs!) and less low-fat processed cheese? What are your favorites?

Whatever you suggest doesn’t have to be free. I’m happy to buy a cookbook or an app.

submitted by /u/Werewolf_in_a_Dress
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2W7kiNP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...