My family needs a health intervention. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

I posted here yesterday about my 4 year old sister and based on the replies, it really just confirms that this issue may be bigger than i realized and I am going to need some serious help to fix it.

Alot of you mentioned that CPS needs to get involved, and while i know 120 pound 4 year old is INSANE, i really dont wanna make any rash decisions that will destroy my loving family.

My family is amazing and completely loving, they're just very ignorant on nutrition.

My parents also have their share of health problems. My mom is 5'6" and over 300 pounds with type 2 diabetes. And my dad (despite being a pretty slim/ in shape 165 pounds because of his job in construction) has incredibly high blood pressure and horrible cholesterol levels due to his excessive love for red meat. To put it bluntly, they both eat like shit and they are happily teaching my sister all their bad habits. The bad habits that I grew up following until I was able to turn things around (Thank God!)

I love my parents so much and i have nothing but respect and admiration for everything they do for my sister and I but idk how much longer i can sit back and watch them not only slowly kill themselves but also ruin the health of my sister.

i wanna have an intervention with them to wake them up but I also dont wanna come across as the "skinny bitch" thats just nagging fat people because thats not it at all!

I just wanna help my parents. Whether it was emotional, spiritual or even financial help, my parents have always been there to support me and I just feel like this is the perfect opportunity for me to finally give it back and help them. Not only for themselves, but for my little sister as well. At the rate my sister is gaining, she'll likely be 400 pounds before she even gets into highschool...thats scary and i refuse to let that happen to her!

submitted by /u/ILuvPomskies
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2YCT1Qb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...