So to give some context: I’m a college sophomore who has been at a pretty normal weight (albeit the upper end) her whole life. This year, after a couple brushes with binge eating and bulimia I’d gained 15 pounds. I know it sounds like nothing compared to most people on here, but I’d never been that big before and on my 5’2” frame it showed. I felt completely out of control after trying and failing at a keto+imf approach. I would just end up binging on all the carbs as soon as I had a rough day. A month ago I finally decided that the way I was doing things wasn’t working. I decided to try a suuuper lazy version of keto (I don’t worry about carbs in berries and veggies so I can just pig out on those). I also started seriously counting calories and tracking macros, forcing myself to stay within the 1200-1500 net calories/day range. The lower bound was important for me because I’d try to fast for a day after a binge and end up binging again.
YOU GUYS
It’s worked so well. I don’t get hungry nearly as often. I feel SO IN CONTROL. It’s actually amazing, and I legitimately have fun logging calories. Honestly my mental health has improved tenfold and while I know I still have some issues surrounding food, I’m not eating 2000 cals worth of cookie dough because of a bad day anymore (yes, it happened). I’ve also lost 8lbs in 1 month. I’m excited to finish tackling the rest of the 15 and start working on building muscle and maintenance.
I’m just mad I didn’t figure this out sooner I could have been so much happier so much earlier.
Apologies for this fat brick of text lol, just wanted to share this little victory and highly recommend trying CICO if you haven’t already
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2VNdsfJ
No comments:
Post a Comment